Your purchase includes: 1 rain barrel, brass tap, outlet cap and adapter.
*Due to COVID-19, our fulfillment of orders is limited. There is an order limit per day for barrels, so if you cannot order today, please come back tomorrow. Current orders will be delivered on or before June 30th*
Why choose this barrel?
- High quality plastic lasts a long time
- Can be used alone or in a series
- Easy to set up and maintain
- Supports a local Calgary business and the Green Calgary charity
- 50 gallon barrel available in blue or white
- Reused food grade barrel
- Approximately 3 feet tall by 2 feet wide
- Closed top barrel with 4” mesh opening
- 2 outlets near the top: one for overflow and one for connecting another barrel (second outlet can be capped off if using barrel alone)
- One outlet fitted for the brass tap at the bottom for retrieving rain water
- Place barrel on a sturdy support (such as cinder blocks), high enough to allow a watering can or pail under the tap
- Cut downspout so that it fits directly over the mesh opening of the barrel
- Attach at overflow hose (sold separately): Fasten the hose with the clamp provided to one of the top outlets and direct the hose into a nearby tree, shrub or garden (can be cut to desired length)
- Delivery is available for residences in Calgary only.
- If you still want a rain barrel and are located outside Calgary or in the Calgary CMA (including Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane, Okotoks, Irricana, Beiseiker, Crossfield, or Rocky View County), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to accommodate you.
- Delivery fees are broken down as follows:
- $10 for 1-2 barrels plus accessories, $20 for three barrels, $30 for four barrels, $30 for five barrels; 6+ barrels will be by special order online and will require coordination with Green Calgary staff
- Your order will be shipped within 5 business days from purchase, but delivery can take up to three weeks. We will make an effort to ship all orders promptly, but please be patient.
2 Year Warranty with receipt
N.B. Please leave your barrel for 3 days before installation to allow any potential coronavirus to die on the barrel. If you handle your barrel before that time, please wash your hands thoroughly.