Your purchase includes: 1 rain barrel, brass tap, outlet cap, and adapter. Hose kits sold separately.
Why choose this barrel?
- High quality plastic lasts a long time
- Can be used alone or in a series
- Easy to set up and maintain
- Supports a local Calgary business and the Green Calgary charity
- 50 gallon barrel available in blue or white
- Reused food grade barrel
- Approximately 3 feet tall by 2 feet wide
- Closed top barrel with 4” mesh opening
- 2 outlets near the top: one for overflow and one for connecting another barrel (second outlet can be capped off if using barrel alone)
- One outlet fitted for the brass tap at the bottom for retrieving rain water
- Place barrel on a sturdy support (such as cinder blocks), high enough to allow a watering can or pail under the tap
- Cut downspout so that it fits directly over the mesh opening of the barrel
- Attach at overflow hose (sold separately): Fasten the hose with the clamp provided to one of the top outlets and direct the hose into a nearby tree, shrub or garden (can be cut to desired length)
- Delivery is available for residences in Calgary only.
- If you still want a rain barrel and are located outside Calgary or in the Calgary CMA (including Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane, Okotoks, Irricana, Beiseiker, Crossfield, or Rocky View County), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to accommodate you.
- Delivery fees are broken down as follows:
- $18 for 1-2 barrels plus accessories, $28 for three barrels, $38 for four barrels, $48 for five barrels; 6+ barrels will be by special order online and will require coordination with Green Calgary staff
- We will make an effort to ship all orders promptly, but please be patient.
- Pickup options are available from April to June on Saturdays at locations around the city.
- Please select a date and location that fits your schedule.
- Prior to the pickup date, you will be emailed to let you know your pickup time and additional pickup information.
- Please wear a mask when you arrive onsite and follow COVID-19 protocols.
- If you selected the incorrect pickup date/location, please email email@example.com to correct the date/location.
2 Year Warranty with receipt
N.B. Please leave your barrel for 3 days before installation to allow any potential coronavirus to die on the barrel. If you handle your barrel before that time, please wash your hands thoroughly.